Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Brown[_2_] Simon Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Completely serious angle grinder question

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Simon Brown wrote:

I think Youtube leaves that approach for dead.

So far, most of the YouTube videos I've watched have shown one-handed
operation,

I do that myself with the 4" angle grinders.
Not with the full sized ones tho.

often with no guard.

I don't ever do that, even tho I have never had a disc or wheel come apart.

One particularly choice one has the operator holding down the workpiece
with his spare hand, right in the path of the cutter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0CSpmPlH4

Sure, that is certainly the main downside of youtube, plenty
who don't have a clue about how to use them safely. But the
best of them warn you about the problems much better than
any printed instructions can do.