Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely serious angle grinder question

On Thursday, 30 April 2015 14:09:14 UTC+1, mike wrote:
On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 8:31:14 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 17:39:36 UTC+1, mike wrote:

Power Devil in the UK and Ferm (who are still going in the Netherlands) used to buy the same Chinese OEM models but obviously in their own colours. The

I'd be curious to see the evidence for that. Feedback I've heard is very different.

Power Devil router:
http://s8.postimg.org/p1xqpn6id/image.jpg
Ferm router:
http://s8.postimg.org/q2xzernhx/image.jpg

IIRC, that model was made by Ningbo and a quick Google will provide many good reviews of the PD version which is basically a decent quality knock-off of the classic Elu:

http://allenina-powertools.en.made-i...ct-list-1.html

If you look at their website you can spot several current models rebadged as Titan, Parkside, PowerCraft etc.

I thought you were going to say that.

PD & Ferm are/were large buyers.
Sosoco: Hi, we'd like to buy 50,000 of your grommulators. But we need you to use this grade magnet wire, that superior switch and reinforce the gears.
Crapco: Hi, we'd like to buy 50,000 of your grommulators. But we need lower cost, what can you do?
Mfrco: well, if we replace the nylon gears with ABS, use lower temp rated wire insulation, replace the plastic insulators with punched card and replace the motor with our special 5 hour life one we can do it at this price for you.

Whether the above is the reality or they're all the same we don't at this point know for sure. I've heard awful things about PD and not Ferm, but of course the sample size is too small to have any certainty.

NT