Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Completely serious angle grinder question

Well, I am now the owner of the Bosch GS600 4.5" angle grinder. The tool
seems to be very well made, but the package as a whole is seriously lacking.
Firstly, there's no supplied Allen key for fitting the blade guard: how many
casual users won't bother, I wonder? But more seriously, the instructions
are hopeless: despite being a 261 page book in 31 different languages,
crucial information is rendered only in uncaptioned illustrations, peppered
with childish icons and buried away at the end of the manual. What's worse,
several different models are illustrated, including, inexplicably, a
circular saw.

Most disturbing of all, as far as I can see there is no information
whatsoever about the controls and their functions. Am I expected to learn
by simply having a play with the thing? Frankly I'm reluctant even to plug
it in. I'm seriously considering taking it back.