Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Brown[_2_] Simon Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 08:38:05 +0100, MM wrote:

Yes, some fools still use cash.

That's because it's quicker than cards.

Like hell it is than the most recent tap&pay cards where you don't
even need to enter a PIN,

Not much point to your argument when nobody uses such cards.

Unless it's a very small amount of groceries it'll be over the
£20/transaction limit on contactless payment anyway.

I've never exceeded the transaction limit at a supermarket.

They may do in very big conurbations like London, but not in most of
Britain.

Meh, our Co-op in the middle of Englands Last Wilderness does
contactless payment. Trouble is not every Chip 'n Pin terminal does
contactless payment. On those that do there isn't a nice big obvious
logo

Ours do.

and others don't have a lip of some sort so you can place your
card on the terminal and carry on packing whilst the checkout
operator takes payment.

You don't leave it on the terminal, you wave it at the terminal
and put it back in your wallet.