Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_4_] dennis@home[_4_] is offline

Default OTish; Laptops

Ronnie Wrote in message:
Time has come to replace the tower PC with a laptop, so I'm after some
advice from the learned people here, since I'm a computer numpty.

I'm looking for something around 16". I don't play games (only
solitaire) I don't watch films or download music. Don't want a
touchscreen, much prefer keyboard/mouse.

I use Word & Excel frequently, sometime quite big documents. I surf the
net often & use e-mail a lot. We have 4G WiFi at home, probably won't
ever take it out, but will use upstairs in the office, on the deck &
downstairs in the lounge.

Reluctant to change from MS Windows simply because I know how to use it.

Any advice on processor type, memory, make, supplier much appreciated.

Sorry, should have said, budget around the £500 mark.

This laptop is a beast for the price. I've used this firm for years,
they are very good.
Have a peek, this one is very good value for money and within your budget.

http://www.cclonline.com/product/155...400-/NOT00530/

It doesn't have many pixels for that size IMO.

--
typing on android tablets is a pain.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/