Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 18:32:59 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 22:28:24 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

Well work and the hobby are one and much the same...

No, no! A hobby doesn't HAVE to be completed on time, work does.

Not if you are self employed.

With work, you are obligated to your employer to turn
up, do the job on time, do a proper job and so on.

Again, not if you are self employed.

Of course it does! Otherwise Watchdog with Anne Robinson has a message
for you!

It's totally different from doing something on a hobby basis.

Nope. Some of us are the fortunate position that someone
has actually been stupid enough to pay us very well indeed
to do what we would happily do for free.

So it's work, not a hobby. I liked my job before retirement too. It
was a job though, not a hobby.

MM