Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:20:35 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article ,
MM wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 22:28:24 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

Well work and the hobby are one and much the same...

No, no! A hobby doesn't HAVE to be completed on time, work does. With
work, you are obligated to your employer to turn up, do the job on
time, do a proper job and so on. It's totally different from doing
something on a hobby basis.

If your hobby involves nobody else, that's probably true. If you are
involved with others in can be just like work - but you don't get paid.

But it's still YOUR choice as to whether you do it or not. With work,
presumably a job is needed to pay the bills and you don't have any
choice.

For
instance, I'm in a music group; we need to turn up to rehearsals and
performances.

But if you wanted to stop, you could. Your hobby doesn't pay the bills
(otherwise it's not a hobby, it's work).

MM