Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
This was in stark contrast to the manager I had beforehand, who was
an engineer (but not up-to-date with current technology) who had been
promoted to a manager, but had no skills in that direction at all. It
was very useful to be able to contrast their two behaviours in similar
situations.

One company I worked for had an HOD who was not only a superb manager, but
had also been an excellent at the job when still operational. Probably the
best combination possible.

The worst is often those who weren't that good at a job but get promoted
to be in charge.

--
Is the hardness of the butter proportional to the softness of the bread?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.