Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

Simon Brown wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

A good manager is a leader whose job is to get the best from the team,

That's the theory, anyway. In reality its nothing like that.

I've long had concerns about what makes a good manager, having
experienced quite a lot of managers during my engineering career.

I've never worked with anybody who began straight off having
trained as a "manager", indeed can't quite see how anybody could
do this.

However, the other end of the scale, where promotion is based
only on engineering ability, is not without snags. There was a
time when my chief engineer and engineering manager, whilst both
excellent engineers, had no management skills. This was such a
shame, as their real talents were wasted, and their ineptitude
diminished the work of those in their charge.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.