Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 18:26:02 +0100, MM wrote:

I am constantly surprised at some things. I had a nice creme caramel
from Sainsburys and it was only 110. Low fat sandwiches aren't all bad.
And the Be Good To Yourself range from Sainsburys is pretty nice.

Today (for lunch) I am having four Ryvita, butter, Ardennes pate,
cucumber and spring onion, and a mug of coffee. 391 calories.

There you go! A fairly healthy lunch, yet 391 cals quick as a flash!

I aim for no more than 500, or less if I can. Breakfast is about 350. I
save 20 kcal on every coffee by omitting the sugar.

Before I started seriously counting cals I didn't have a clue how many
were in any foods. No idea. But now, I look at a slice of bread and it
grows horns before my eyes.

Indeed. I quite like Ryvita (the dark rye one) and it's quite filling.

An egg OTOH always seems acceptable as it contains so many nutrients.

And they do fill you up too.

Right now, I reached the stage of the day
when I need to plan something for supper. So much for my 1500 cal
restriction this week! I've already consumed 1448 today. A small portion
of rice, mushrooms, spring onions and ham wouldn't be more than around
300 cals (cooked from scratch, not a ready meal). So that will come in
at around 1750 for the day. Plus another 72 if I eat a smallish Pink
Lady.

I have 837 left so can splurge a bit. I can even manage a bit of cake.

Also I reckon the *vast majority* among the general public don't have a
clue either how many calories foods contain, and I also reckon most
people, despite the obesity epidemic, which can't have escaped their
attention, do not check the labels on the front of food packages, tins
etc.

I certainly didn't till I started this. But I feel a lot better for it!

BTW, when I started this I concealed it from SWMBO (various workrounds
enabled this). I'd lost 3 stone before she said something.

wish to copy them they can pay me £3 0a message.