Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:35:28 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , MM
scribeth thus
On 21 Apr 2015 09:13:48 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 02:28:21 +0100, MM wrote:

Ah! I'm retired. I wouldn't work now if you paid me! After 44 years of
grafting I reckon I've had enough of work. Besides, I have so many
hobbies, including DIY, I could never find the time for working.

I'm looking forward to this.

I'm
really enjoying doing what the heck I like when I like without all the
stress of office politics in an environment where I was treated like a
granddad as the oldest staff member. Heck, I was older than my managers!

I'm older than nearly everyone; the problem is the incompetence of
management. What this means is that other people invent silly rules, and
he (being weak) just agrees. It gets really annoying sometimes.

Two things really ****ed me off: annual appraisals, and meetings.
Especially the latter made all the junior management feel so
self-important and they had meetings all the ruddy time. I never
wanted to become a manager, but preferred to work on my projects
(computer programmer), which was far more interesting than organising
people. I've never had a lot of time for managers, I'm afraid.

MM

All that is the main reason I packed up working for someone else 30
years ago and although its not the easiest occupation running your own
business its much less stressful in so many ways oddly enough as you are
more in control of it.

Never looked back and still like what I'm doing, OK some days can be a
PITA but thats life!...

Can't be arsed to retire, sounds like getting olde and boring!..

But you WILL retire eventually and you'll need some hobbies! Else life
WILL be very boring.

MM