Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On 22 Apr 2015 10:58:09 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:46:41 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 21/04/15 10:15, Bob Eager wrote:

MyFitnessPal again.

I see my mistake (not having entered anything on MFP for a while).

I appraised yesterday and today's meals.

I was 800 cals over 1600 yesterday - that would be the amount I drunk in
alcohol.

Yesterday and today - 2nd mistake. I thought buying a M&S salad and
lobbing some pickled herrings on top would be good. It's not. The fish
is 500 and sadly they do not do smaller portions (and no i do not trust
the decrepit old fridge at work).

Today - a ramen snack cost me 380 cals.

On the plus side a fruit salad pudding for lunch is great at 75.

I am constantly surprised at some things. I had a nice creme caramel from
Sainsburys and it was only 110. Low fat sandwiches aren't all bad. And
the Be Good To Yourself range from Sainsburys is pretty nice.

Today (for lunch) I am having four Ryvita, butter, Ardennes pate,
cucumber and spring onion, and a mug of coffee. 391 calories.

There you go! A fairly healthy lunch, yet 391 cals quick as a flash!

Before I started seriously counting cals I didn't have a clue how many
were in any foods. No idea. But now, I look at a slice of bread and it
grows horns before my eyes. An egg OTOH always seems acceptable as it
contains so many nutrients. Right now, I reached the stage of the day
when I need to plan something for supper. So much for my 1500 cal
restriction this week! I've already consumed 1448 today. A small
portion of rice, mushrooms, spring onions and ham wouldn't be more
than around 300 cals (cooked from scratch, not a ready meal). So that
will come in at around 1750 for the day. Plus another 72 if I eat a
smallish Pink Lady.

Also I reckon the *vast majority* among the general public don't have
a clue either how many calories foods contain, and I also reckon most
people, despite the obesity epidemic, which can't have escaped their
attention, do not check the labels on the front of food packages, tins
etc.

MM