Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

In article , Weatherlawyer
scribeth thus
On Friday, 17 April 2015 22:44:33 UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:

At 63 the old arthritis is causing a bit of grief
some of it dodgy hip joints, runs in the family.

Really?

But a daily dose of ibuprofen helps keep it in check but no, not quite
as energetic and agile as I once was in the early 50's.

Back got a bit buggered in an accident some years ago as did the neck
but in that I very nearly died so I'm grateful to be still around.

Welcome to older age mate;!...

Colchicine and allopurinol should easy your pain greatly.

Yes used that stuff for gout before, and its not shall we say one of the nicest
drugs around...

http://www.thepoisonreview.com/2010/07/04/colchicine-be-afraid-be-very-afraid/

Discussed Allopurinol with the doc and she dint think it was a good idea either.
Local pharmacists and two retied hospital consultants living locally who have much
the same problems reckon it, Ibuprofen, is one of the lesser evils in that line of
drugs NSAIDs that is..

--
Tony Sayer