Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 08:56:29 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 21/04/15 02:16, MM wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 07:02:06 +1000, "john james"
wrote:

You need to scale them back a lot.

A HECK of a lot! (Sorry, Tim.) Since I dropped 5 kilos my blood
figures have improved enormously, especially the HbA1C.

and watching like
a hawk on MyFatnessPal.

I lost more than 20%, from 70KG down to 55KG just by eating less.

And that is the ONLY way! Within 24 hours of eating less my scales
show a reduction. At the moment I'm trying to stick to 1500 cals a
day, though it's bloody difficult as I really do enjoy food and
cooking it. Hobby of mine. I'm always hungry. But I was always hungry
when I weighed 90 kg at only 168cm and stuffed myself with fast food,
cream cakes, and crisps. Weight down to 76kg now.

What sort of calories per day were you on?

Well.... I dunno now. Never kept any records. But I reckon I routinely
swallowed 2600 cals a day 20 years ago.

MM