Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On 21/04/2015 10:59, Tim Watts wrote:
On 21/04/15 02:19, MM wrote:

Only this morning as I was driving to Screwfix for shopping I said
over and over, how I wish, I wish, I wish I were 40 years younger!
It's a real bugger growing old.

If I had one wish from the genie, it would be this:

To reset my life to 18 (and go back to 1986) but knowing everything I
know now.

Some mistakes were unavoidable and/or I could not avoid them again
because it would be too much for my basic character and intelligence.

But wow, all the stuff I could do so much better knowing what I know now!

And I'd start by crossing out Physics on the UCCA form and put Computer
Science (with a strong electronics component).

I'd also get to a few concerts before the band members snuffed it!

I think that's the standard wish of most of us with "significant life
experience". OOI, I'd cross-out Electronic Engineering on that form and
replace it with Medicine - but that would have required some different
choices 2 years earlier.