Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 04:08:59 -0700 (PDT), fred
wrote:

Exercise per se is boring though I enjoy the bike in the good weather.

My exercise bike has become a habit after a year and a half (following
CABG). To begin with, I really had to force myself onto the ruddy
thing each morning (at around 9am). But it gets to be addictive after
a while. If you turn the telly towards you and watch some meaningless
drivel for half an hour, you hardly notice that your pumping the
pedals. So much so that when I can't do it due to feeling a bit under
the weather or on holiday I get kind of withdrawal symptoms, like when
one knows the bathroom needs cleaning, like since the day before
yesterday, and it just keeps niggling till you do it.

But what's the point moaning. My generation is lasting much better than our parents generation. My father died at 56. My mother made it into her seventies but suffered dementia for her last few years.

Hey ho. I still work 5 days a week and enjoy what I do.

Ah! I'm retired. I wouldn't work now if you paid me! After 44 years of
grafting I reckon I've had enough of work. Besides, I have so many
hobbies, including DIY, I could never find the time for working. I'm
really enjoying doing what the heck I like when I like without all the
stress of office politics in an environment where I was treated like a
granddad as the oldest staff member. Heck, I was older than my
managers! Mind you, I do miss the pretty young things in reception, a
right eyeful every morning, and cheeky, too. They were as well.

MM