Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:32:30 +0100, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
Gentlemen,

I just wonder what the consensus is here as to when you really start to
feel your age when doing the more arduous DIY tasks?
Personally up to age 50 I always felt as physically strong as I was at
25, but since hitting the half-century I'm sure I've lost some strength
by an unquantifiable percentage over the intervening years. And now at 56
I'm finding doing DIY related tasks for a full 8hr day more and more
knackering and ache+pain inducing. I'm just wondering if I'm alone!
Your experience?

I am feeling it now at 44 at work.

At 49 I was the oldest engineer my old boss ever employed. Initially he
refused me due to my age. Then he came back to me.
At 62 I helped out on a major house renovation and got very well paid for
it.
The heartbreaking part was watching guys of your age lifting lintels under
one arm whilst I had to use a wheelbarrow.

Only this morning as I was driving to Screwfix for shopping I said
over and over, how I wish, I wish, I wish I were 40 years younger!
It's a real bugger growing old.

MM