Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

In article , Cursitor Doom
scribeth thus
Gentlemen,

I just wonder what the consensus is here as to when you really start to
feel your age when doing the more arduous DIY tasks?
Personally up to age 50 I always felt as physically strong as I was at
25, but since hitting the half-century I'm sure I've lost some strength
by an unquantifiable percentage over the intervening years. And now at 56
I'm finding doing DIY related tasks for a full 8hr day more and more
knackering and ache+pain inducing. I'm just wondering if I'm alone!
Your experience?

Much the same here now at 63 the old arthritis is causing a bit of grief
some of it dodgy hip joints, runs in the family, but as the doc sez put
off having them replaced as long as possible.

But a daily dose of ibuprofen helps keep it in check but no, not quite
as energetic and agile as I once was in the early 50's.

Back got a bit buggered in an accident some years ago as did the neck
but in that I very nearly died so I'm grateful to be still around.

Welcome to older age mate;!...
--
Tony Sayer