Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

newshound wrote:
On 17/04/2015 19:43, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Gentlemen,

I just wonder what the consensus is here as to when you really start to
feel your age when doing the more arduous DIY tasks?
Personally up to age 50 I always felt as physically strong as I was at
25, but since hitting the half-century I'm sure I've lost some strength
by an unquantifiable percentage over the intervening years. And now at 56
I'm finding doing DIY related tasks for a full 8hr day more and more
knackering and ache+pain inducing. I'm just wondering if I'm alone!
Your experience?

I find that at 66, half a day or so of "average" DIY is about right.

Personally, I find half a day of writing or desk based consultancy work
equally tiring.

I think one gets better with age/experience at pacing and prioritising.
I very seldom set deadlines.

I do three hours now and I'm as physically tired as I used to be, ten
years ago, after eight hours.

Bill