Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Rust spot on car

alan_m wrote:
In article ,
Mark Allread wrote:
Can anyone recommend (through personal use and not hearsay/web hype) a
good rust killer plus primer to use on a small awkwardly located rust
spot on a car please. Awkward in that its on the crease of a panel and
under the rear light cluster which I'll need to take out to properly
cure it.

Sand (or grind) it down to bare clean steel then repaint. No such thing as
a rust killer that works for this sort of thing. It would need to get
under the surrounding paint, and none do.

Capillary action would probably get phosphoric acid into more difficult
spots.

I've successfully used the following on garden furniture and gates
http://tinyurl.com/lxftnmx

I use this on our boat in France and have also used it on various bits
of outdoor steel back here in the UK. I seems to work very well.
Much, much better than anything I have ever managed to buy in the UK.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Vernis-pour-r...-/150963433901

It's available at the major French 'bricolage' stores as well, I just
used eBay as it was the first hit I found.

--
Chris Green
ยท