Roffe

Default Strange problem and I need help to figure it out...

Hi

Please check your power-supply for the laptop. (electrolytic capacitors.)
regards
RBJ

"Carter Burke" skrev i melding

Hi everyone,

I have a problem that has me a bit worried-

I have a laptop connected to a TV and am using the TV as a second
monitor and several days ago I noticed some audio humming and a slight
scrolling dark patch in the video.

I wiggled the outlet the laptop is plugged into and it cleared up a
bit but did not go away completely so I replaced the outlet. I plugged
the laptop into another outlet in the room and the inteference is
still there.

If I unplug the laptop and run it from battery power everything is
fine.

I connected another PC to the TV and it shows the same symptoms.

I am now concerned that there is something wrong with the electrical
system in the house and this is a warning sign.

I'm not looking for a definitive answer (although one would be great),
just some pointers as to what might be the problem so anyone with any
ideas please let me know.

Thanks!