Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I thought this was a DIY site

On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 19:00:06 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 30/03/2015 16:34, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:18:10 +0100, TomSawer wrote:

Why are people still going on about Clarkson and the BBC.

What has this got to do with DIY topics?

---

Nothing. It's a group with very catholic (with a small 'c') tastes and
interests. That's what makes it vibrant.

Not as catholic as the US site rec.metalworking, which had a lot of very
competent DIY posters; but I gave up when it became swamped with
political postings (mostly *very* right wing). Also an interesting
selection of gun nuts, I found them a bit easier to tolerate.

Are you so sure it's nothing to do with socail media such a facebook, twitter etc. ?