Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default I thought this was a DIY site

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In my case it was Edinburgh trams

Trams are a bad idea.

They are if they share streets with ordinary traffic.

they did that for a great many years without problems.

Really? I can remember them breaking down and blocking the road. Also
having rails in the road are a nightmare for cyclists.

Trams preceded cars on the roads, anyhow.

So did horses. Things move on.

I clearly remember riding my motorcycle through Sheffield on a damp and
misty morning. Started to overtake a tram, as I got alongside my wheels
got stuck in the rails. So I leant the bike over and laid on the road.
suddenly to my dismay the tram started to tilt over towards me. Panic!
Then I realised it was all the passengers had come across to look at
this poor young man prostate alongside the tram!