Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default I thought this was a DIY site

On 31/03/2015 09:00, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Nightjar
writes
On 30/03/2015 21:38, wrote:
On Monday, 30 March 2015 17:03:53 UTC+1, Capitol wrote:
Almost nothing. Most on here are too old/frail to do any diy nowadays,

Well really. I'll have you know I only just remember pre-decimal
currency, punched cards, and petrol going over £1 a gallon.

I remember London trams, the farthing and petrol at 2/6d a gallon, but
I'm not yet old or frail.

I'll raise you Trolley Buses!

They outlasted the trams by about a decade :-)

Some of my friends were avid bus spotters (a fairly pointless activity,
but one my parents accepted as an excuse to go out with friends) and we
would gather at Wood Green, as it had several bus and trolleybus routes
passing through it. I also remember Wood Green as the only place I can
recall with a fire alarm call pillar in the street.

--
Colin Bignell