Art

Default Tv remote

Generically I'd say probably an IRP Failure, or MPU, or interconnect, or
even a bias problem. Generically again In my minds eye I can't fathom the
make or model of the device you are in reference to. Check your tele and
please repost with the make and model of the set and obvious diagnostics you
have completed, other than just checking the batteries. Adding another
component in close proximity should not affect the tele's remote function
unless the additional item is putting out an excessive amount of Infrared
Radiation that is interfering, which is highly doubtful. Is it possible the
other item is physically blocking the front of your tele so it can't "see"
the IR from your remote??
"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
The remote control on my tv set does not work. I have eliminated the
obvious (poor batteries and defective remote) . It is the eye on the set
that is not functioning properly. Is there a common reason these to
malfunction?

At first it would work intermittently making me think -batteries. Now
it will only work if you put the remote an inch or less from the
eye.???

Also it started after I added a vcr/dvd player to the rack below the tv.
But I have doubted that could in anyway be involved.
And I have tried it while the player was unplugged.

CP