Charles Pisano

Default Tv remote

The remote control on my tv set does not work. I have eliminated the
obvious (poor batteries and defective remote) . It is the eye on the set
that is not functioning properly. Is there a common reason these to
malfunction?

At first it would work intermittently making me think -batteries. Now
it will only work if you put the remote an inch or less from the
eye.???

Also it started after I added a vcr/dvd player to the rack below the tv.
But I have doubted that could in anyway be involved.
And I have tried it while the player was unplugged.

CP