Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@sylva.icuklive.co.uk is offline

Default OT Energy consultants and smart meters

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 23:56:16 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

There's currently a big problem with businesses getting slammed,
and inadequate legal protection for them. It often happens following
a conversation with an "energy consultant" and the business doesn't
believe they consented to the change, which includes a long contract
at highly uncompetitve rates, and high premature termination cost.
They usually aim for small businesses, which get suckered in more
easily. Radio 4 has covered this a few times.

This was my fear, there is no advantage in smart metering to us as I
supply meter readings and receive a correct bill once a month which is
taken by direct debit.

My suspicions were aroused when they asked for Meter Point Admin
Numbers. These contain details of the type of supply. The request for
authorisation to contact the supplier really set alarm bells ringing.

Yes I thought the reason for targeting small businesses was because
they did not benefit from consumer protection like a private
individual.

....and I did read the whole smart meter thread

AJH