Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default PAT test and a H&S report

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 20:18:46 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 23/03/2015 19:58, ARW wrote:
I never thought I would get paid to do a H&S electrical report.

However can anyone else justify this as anything other than a fail?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...e:PAT_test.jpg

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=File:PAT1.jpg

I was under the impression that PAT testing was done with the equipment
unplugged.

There is nothing wrong with the distribution board.
There is nothing wrong with the equipment.

What are you going to fail it on?

You just pass both items and leave them unplugged, perhaps with a
recommendation that either the plug on the equipment should be replaced
and/or a suitable adaptor is used.

I have had (consumer) equipment supplied with the same type of plug but
with a 2 to 3 pin adapter where the 2 pin plug is firmly clamped in the
3 pin adapter. I cut of the 2 pin plug and replaced it with a 13A plug
(with 3A fuse).

A TV had a 2-pin plug within a 13A plug. I left it as it was secure.

As long as there's a fuse.