Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT test and a H&S report

On 23/03/15 21:32, wrote:
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 8:46:56 PM UTC, Tim Watts wrote:

I notice it is notionally fixed equipment. I would fail it for having a
non standard plug with no nearby suitable socket.

If it is fixed equipment, then it is not subject to PAT testing anyway
as it is not portable. .

John

Well, grey area. It's about as fixed as most servers in a computer room
are - and they are generally regarded as being candidates for PAT.

I take the general view "if it plugs in, check it". I carefully did not
say "test" as with Class II kit, there are very limited tests available
anyway. Inspection is far more useful and can be done by anyone with a
general clue - particularly (with respect to the servers) checking the
IEC plugs are still tight and the cables are undamaged and the plugs (at
both ends) don't feel hot.

Oh and crap like Adam posted