Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mortar to look like lime mortar

On 23/03/15 13:19, mark wrote:
I am going to put a brick porch on an old house.
I want the mortar to blend in with the lime mortar of the house.

I don't want to use the real M'Coy, just something that looks a similar
colour.

I propose to use white cement/lime/sand and am seeking advice on the ratios.

mark

Ive used 50:50 white/lime and about 3 times as much sand as cement/lime.