Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc,uk.d-i-y
Daniel James[_2_] Daniel James[_2_] is offline

Default Opensource slowing down? "GoogleDrive" private cloud

In article , Tim Watts wrote:
I believe the point was: what happens when the PSU melts and
dumps mains to the output and blows your NAS to tiny weeny bits?

That's certainly the right question to be asking.

I thought someone had wanted the NAS and it's PSU to be usable after
the fire, but rereading today I can't find it.

I would hope the NAS had some serious crowbar protection on its
incoming DC in.

Indeed so ... and on the ethernet and USB connectors, though the power
input is more likely to cause trouble.
--
Cheers,
Daniel.