Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Opensource slowing down? "GoogleDrive" private cloud

On 14/03/15 19:27, john james wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 14/03/15 19:12, john james wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 14/03/15 18:40, john james wrote:

It's easy enough to add that by encrypting it before Google sees it.

I would not call that "easy".

There are systems around that do that completely automatically, so very
easy.

Android, Chromebook and Linux clients?

Yes.

Could you suggest any? I am genuinely interested - I couldn't locate any
with much googling...

I'm also looking for an RSS reader that can prefetch the linked story as
a web page and cache it - to deal with the spectacularly poor RSS feeds
on british media that put about 1 sentence in the RSS description!

(There are quite a lot of things that I wonder "why does this not
exist"? I guess I should brush up on my Android programming and write
one... I did dabble with hacking on some open source app once - an alarm
clock. I managed to hack on the features I wanted (and offered them back
to the author). Trouble I found, apart from having to run up that
monstrosity, eclipse, is there is a bugger of a lot of stuff in even a
trvial app just to make the very basics work.