Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Powercraft/Wolf 720 watt generator fault

"Generator Guru Ltd."
wrote in message
roups.com...
replying to curls, Generator Guru Ltd. wrote:
not wrote:

I'm expecting cries of "bin it" but it's worth a try.
The output from this generator is low to non-existent. If I plug a 500
watt
drill in, it might turn
sometimes, but only between probably 10rpm and 200rpm, it's very
erratic -
guessing the speeds of
course - then it will stop altogether, and then maybe start up again,

slowly.
There doesn't seem to be much that can be done with these other than
maybe
change the capacitor, but
my electrical knowledge is too lacking in such matters to even know if
that
could be the problem. Is it a lost cause?
I originally got this from Freecycle knowing the genny side was faulty,
in

the
hope I could make a
good one out of two - I have another with a duff engine. Turns out they

are
sufficiently different
that I can't do anything with them, so now I have two non-working genny's

There is a governor so that it maintains a constant speed regardless of
load.
(Connected to the carburretor, some sort of centrifugal device) I would
check that the linkage is free to move first off.