Chris

Default question about radio wattage

"JeffM" wrote in message
om...
CB radios...maximum allowable transmit rating of 4 watts.
...boost this beyond the 4 ?
Chris

No part in a CB is overspec'd.
Push them beyond design limits and they will fail.
Some people flaunt the law and use a 10 meter linear amplifier
which has been re-tuned to 11 meters (27MHz).
See courtroom comment below.

Not looking to violate FCC rules

Then forget the whole idea.
A federal courtroom is not a place you want to spend your time.

Not everyone doesn't mean what they say. I was asking hypothetically.
I normally don't reply to such comments, but in this case I will.

#1 Parts are indeed "overspec'd", all the time. If it wasn't viable, or
productive, no one would do it. So I suggest you educate yourself. If I
could find this out in 20 minutes of search time, you should have no
trouble.

#2 I didn't say I was going to violate FCC regs. My question was a
technology one. If I was going to break the law, I sure as hell wouldn't
make a post about it, Sherlock. Telling someone who already said they
wouldn't, not to, is called beating a dead horse.

You must be fun at parties.