Chris

Default question about radio wattage

"Cowboy67" wrote in message
Most all CB's can be boosted by turning a little pot in the radio. It may
take you up to 10 W of power, but then your final will/may burn up a lot
quicker. There are also mods where you replace components. Do a google
search type "CB power mods" you will find a lot of info. But beware, a lot
will do more harm than good.

Also, the FCC rule of thumb is that you are not supposed to transmit over

50
miles, but on HF, who knows how far you can go.

cowboy67

Thanks, cowboy.

While I'm here, can anyone tell me if there's a major advantage of one type
of radio over another? I mean, CB, FRS, Ham, UHF, VHF, etc.. Seems like
there are alot of different ranges, channels, and all that good stuff. Why
are VHF radios so damned expensive? Even the handhelds cost upwards of
$200.