Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default Not oiling a wooden worktop (kitchen)

In article ,
Nick wrote:

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
I'm considering some new worktops - ye olde plastic laminate type or
wood. Wondering about the fuss over "oiling" the wood ones or not. It's
probably going to be cherry if that matters. (Or something similar light
red but not beech)

Worktops will be mainly used for baking - bread making, cakes, etc.
Unlikely
to ever have hot tomato/curry sauces split for example. One will have a
sink
in it.

So what's the deal on leaving them unoiled and just making sure they're
scrubbed clean and dried after use?

Or am I better off sticking to plastic. (stone isn't an option)

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers,

Gordon

Purely out of interest, why is stone not an option?

We won't get it up the stairs.

Gordon