Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM[_4_] GMM[_4_] is offline

Default Reducing thickness of reclaimed parquet flooring

On 04/03/2015 12:42, Tim Watts wrote:
On 04/03/15 12:39, wrote:
Hi We have taken our hall parquet up and want to put it in the living
room - we have loads so we know it wont be an issue of running out!

We are looking at using a thicknesser to run them all through - any
recommendations on the best type to go for (and not cost the earth)
to even them out and remove the bitumen? Many thanks

I think a thicknesser is going to get gummed up by the bitumen.

Wouldn't another approach be to reduce teh thickness from the top side
and keep the bitumen as it shouldn't stop them sticking down? That way
it doesn't gum up the cutter and it gives a nice 'new' finish to the
blocks. Of course, the OP doesn't say how much they need to be reduced
by, which is probably an important factor.....