Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Reducing thickness of reclaimed parquet flooring

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 12:39:08 PM UTC, wrote:
Hi
We have taken our hall parquet up and want to put it in the living room - we have loads so we know it wont be an issue of running out!

We are looking at using a thicknesser to run them all through - any recommendations on the best type to go for (and not cost the earth) to even them out and remove the bitumen?
Many thanks

Relay them with bitumen, no need to remove the old bitch.
If you've got more than enough, no need to plane, just reject the uneven ones.

NT