Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Reducing thickness of reclaimed parquet flooring

On 04/03/2015 12:42, Tim Watts wrote:
On 04/03/15 12:39, wrote:
Hi We have taken our hall parquet up and want to put it in the living
room - we have loads so we know it wont be an issue of running out!

We are looking at using a thicknesser to run them all through - any
recommendations on the best type to go for (and not cost the earth)
to even them out and remove the bitumen? Many thanks

I think a thicknesser is going to get gummed up by the bitumen.

Screwfix do a Titan thicknesser for £150, but HSS will hire you one for
about a third of that for a week. I'm not sure what happens if you burn
it out and return it covered in bitumen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEYtaDFpQi0 -- and he isn't even
cleaning the base up at all!