Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Stupidest plumber ever

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:45:19 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 02:36:18 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 01:37:23 -0000, F Murtz
wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg

I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing here.

Is the down pipe snapped off a few feet down? - I don't think
whoever put
it up would have snapped it off and it was highly unlikely to have
been a
plumber in any case.

If you are pointing out the 'stupidity' of having two outlets so
close
together, you'll find that the gutters are not joined together -
there is a
stop end on each (different shaped) length of gutter and the only
way
drain water from both is with the set up used.

What Unc also didn't tell us was whether these are two neighbouring
properties in a terrace or semi. If so such an arrangement could be
unsurprising.

They are neighbouring properties. Why on earth would this make
someone
do something so stupid?

It is either this arrangement or two complete separate downpipes.

Square end to round end. Adapter.

And adjusting the levels. MUCH less work to do it the way he did it.

Why make the levels wrong in the first place?

Presumably those are nothing like the original and they
are unlikely to have been replaced at the same time.

You make your new one the same height as your neighbour's one, duh.

Not if you don't want to the risk of the overflow problem.

I didn't have this problem.

Your problem.

And adjusting the level on the end is easy, slope the last section or
two.

But that wont necessarily work as well as doing it the way it was done.

And the other problem with joining the gutters is that if someone
fails to clean out the gutters, you can end up backing up into the
neighbour's gutter and causing water damage that way.

Rubbish,

Nope.

if your side is full of moss, your water falls out, theirs just flows into
the downpipe in the middle as normal.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Done the way its done in the photo will just see your own property
damaged.

Never cleaned my gutters and they've never overflowed.

Plenty have had them overflow when they haven't cleaned them.

If they do it doesn't damage the property, it just spills into the garden.

Wrong, as always.