Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stupidest plumber ever

http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 scribbled

http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg

Oh what a shock, the parrot ****ers latest nym.
No surprise the cock is using Alt net, home of ****tards and trolls.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:23:14 -0000, Jonno wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 scribbled

http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg

Oh what a shock, the parrot ****ers latest nym.

There's nothing wrong with changing them when you get tired of them.

No surprise the cock is using Alt net, home of ****tards and trolls.

You base your opinion of someone on what service provider they use? How childish.

In that case, your email address ends in "nob", so you're either a homosexual or an utter moron.

--
Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 scribbled

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:23:14 -0000, Jonno wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 scribbled

http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg

Oh what a shock, the parrot ****ers latest nym.

There's nothing wrong with changing them when you get tired of them.

No surprise the cock is using Alt net, home of ****tards and trolls.

You base your opinion of someone on what service provider they use? How childish.

No I base my comments on you being a ****.

In that case, your email address ends in "nob", so you're either a homosexual or an utter moron.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 scribbled

Being a **** is not necessarily a bad thing.

--
A woman was standing at the edge of a cliff trying to get the nerve to jump off.
A homeless drunk stopped and mumbled, "If you're about to kill yourself, how about a shag before you go?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg

I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing here.

Is the down pipe snapped off a few feet down? - I don't think whoever put
it up would have snapped it off and it was highly unlikely to have been a
plumber in any case.

If you are pointing out the 'stupidity' of having two outlets so close
together, you'll find that the gutters are not joined together - there is a
stop end on each (different shaped) length of gutter and the only way to
drain water from both is with the set up used.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh my ****ing god I thought you guys had more sense than this. Why not join the two gutters together like everyone else does? Have you never seen square to round adapters? How do you think it ends up round on the way to join the pipe in the photo?

--
Confucius say: "Man who sit on tack get point!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg

I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing here.

Is the down pipe snapped off a few feet down? - I don't think whoever put
it up would have snapped it off and it was highly unlikely to have been a
plumber in any case.

If you are pointing out the 'stupidity' of having two outlets so close
together, you'll find that the gutters are not joined together - there is a
stop end on each (different shaped) length of gutter and the only way to
drain water from both is with the set up used.

What Unc also didn't tell us was whether these are two neighbouring
properties in a terrace or semi. If so such an arrangement could be
unsurprising.

They are neighbouring properties. Why on earth would this make someone do something so stupid?

--
Women are like a pack of cards... you need a heart to love them, diamonds to marry them, a club to kill them and a spade to bury them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

news http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg

I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing here.

Is the down pipe snapped off a few feet down? - I don't think
whoever put
it up would have snapped it off and it was highly unlikely to have
been a
plumber in any case.

If you are pointing out the 'stupidity' of having two outlets so close
together, you'll find that the gutters are not joined together -
there is a
stop end on each (different shaped) length of gutter and the only way to
drain water from both is with the set up used.

What Unc also didn't tell us was whether these are two neighbouring
properties in a terrace or semi. If so such an arrangement could be
unsurprising.

They are neighbouring properties. Why on earth would this make someone
do something so stupid?

It is either this arrangement or two complete separate downpipes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 01:37:23 -0000, F Murtz wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Square end to round end. Adapter. Ignorant twit. You do not qualify to be in a DIY group.

--
What would happen if you cut off your left side?
You would be all right.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

LOL, you've been waiting up for that, I can tell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

And adjusting the levels. MUCH less work to do it the way he did it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Welcome Tough Guy. Are you the messiah?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:02:27 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The two gutters are not at the same level so I would think should not
just be "joined". Is this all one property?

They're only not at the same level because the twit attached them wrongly.
I had no such problems when I helped my neighbour do his. And a slight
change in level can be adjusted by moving only one bracket and/or using
silicone.

The gutters would drain faster with this arrangement.
Maybe he didn't have an adaptor.
Or maybe the neighbours didn't get on but legally had to use the same pipe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/03/2015 22:57, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
Oh my ****ing god I thought you guys had more sense than this. Why not
join the two gutters together like everyone else does? Have you never
seen square to round adapters?...

Which would not be a lot of use when trying to join Ogee to half round.

--
Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:02:27 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

once more the retarded unemployed phuckerprick displays his gross stupidity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

May be you should show us a picture of the adapter that would join those
two exact gutters?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Available at any decent Plumbers merchants:
https://www.google.com/search?site=&...14.xXk0CwVU8BQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/03/2015 18:52, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg

Plenty of sensible explanations.

www.vulcantothesky.org - keep the last remaining Vulcan flying

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Why make the levels wrong in the first place? And adjusting the level on the end is easy, slope the last section or two.

--
If space is a vacuum, who changes the bags?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

No I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boy!

--
If trains stop at train stations, what happens at workstations?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 08:55:04 -0000, harryagain wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:02:27 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No they won't. Both ways allow the full width of the downpipe to be used. Only two downpipes would drain it faster.

Maybe he didn't have an adaptor.

But he had the five other bits to join it to the other one?!

Or maybe the neighbours didn't get on but legally had to use the same pipe.

It's still joined to the same pipe. Only adding a second downpipe would point to neighbour disputes.

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Markski - Ski Mix Volume 51"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 09:21:34 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:02:27 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:

[...]

You don't know this.

What else? An act of god? Only the fitter decides the height.

I had no such problems when I helped my neighbour do his.

We don't know this.

I just told you.

And a slight change in level can be adjusted by moving only one bracket
and/or using silicone.

We don't know this either.

You do if you have half a brain cell.

--
Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 09:49:14 -0000, Nightjar insert my surname here.me.uk cpb wrote:

On 02/03/2015 22:57, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
Oh my ****ing god I thought you guys had more sense than this. Why not
join the two gutters together like everyone else does? Have you never
seen square to round adapters?...

Which would not be a lot of use when trying to join Ogee to half round.

Pedant.

--
Six stages of married life:
1: Tri-weekly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Presumably those are nothing like the original and they
are unlikely to have been replaced at the same time.

And adjusting the level on the end is easy, slope the last section or two.

But that wont necessarily work as well as doing it the way it was done.

And the other problem with joining the gutters is that if someone
fails to clean out the gutters, you can end up backing up into the
neighbour's gutter and causing water damage that way. Done the
way its done in the photo will just see your own property damaged.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 01:37:23 -0000, F Murtz wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

You make your new one the same height as your neighbour's one, duh. I didn't have this problem.

And adjusting the level on the end is easy, slope the last section or two.

But that wont necessarily work as well as doing it the way it was done.

And the other problem with joining the gutters is that if someone
fails to clean out the gutters, you can end up backing up into the
neighbour's gutter and causing water damage that way.

Rubbish, if your side is full of moss, your water falls out, theirs just flows into the downpipe in the middle as normal.

Done the
way its done in the photo will just see your own property damaged.

Never cleaned my gutters and they've never overflowed. If they do it doesn't damage the property, it just spills into the garden.

--
You are the only person I know that has ever had a brain tumour removed from their arse.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Not if you don't want to the risk of the overflow problem.

I didn't have this problem.

Your problem.

And adjusting the level on the end is easy, slope the last section or
two.

But that wont necessarily work as well as doing it the way it was done.

And the other problem with joining the gutters is that if someone
fails to clean out the gutters, you can end up backing up into the
neighbour's gutter and causing water damage that way.

Rubbish,

Nope.

if your side is full of moss, your water falls out, theirs just flows into
the downpipe in the middle as normal.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Done the way its done in the photo will just see your own property
damaged.

Never cleaned my gutters and they've never overflowed.

Plenty have had them overflow when they haven't cleaned them.

If they do it doesn't damage the property, it just spills into the garden.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 02:36:18 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Risk? RISK? It's hardly the end of the world if some moss gets in it. The rain falls over the edge and makes the garden a bit wet, then you clear the moss. And it would only overflow on your own side anyway.

I didn't have this problem.

Your problem.

No problem.

if your side is full of moss, your water falls out, theirs just flows into
the downpipe in the middle as normal.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Looks like you have no answer.

Done the way its done in the photo will just see your own property
damaged.

Never cleaned my gutters and they've never overflowed.

Plenty have had them overflow when they haven't cleaned them.

So how come mine don't? I've lived in this house for 15 years.

If they do it doesn't damage the property, it just spills into the garden.

Wrong, as always.

Just what do you think water is going to do? The same water that's falling on the garden anyway?

--
What has got two legs and bleeds?
Half a dog!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

It can cause considerable problems if the gutter overflows.

The rain falls over the edge and makes the garden a bit wet,

It can be a lot worse than that.

then you clear the moss. And it would only overflow on your own side
anyway.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

I didn't have this problem.

Your problem.

No problem.

Wrong, as always.

if your side is full of moss, your water falls out, theirs just flows
into the downpipe in the middle as normal.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Looks like you have no answer.

Then you need new glasses, BAD.

Done the way its done in the photo will just see your own property
damaged.

Never cleaned my gutters and they've never overflowed.

Plenty have had them overflow when they haven't cleaned them.

So how come mine don't? I've lived in this house for 15 years.

Not all houses work the same with moss and leaves etc, stupid.

It can get into the house, ****wit.

The same water that's falling on the garden anyway?

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:45:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:56:53 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Like?

then you clear the moss. And it would only overflow on your own side
anyway.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

What do you think happens then?

I didn't have this problem.

Your problem.

No problem.

Wrong, as always.

if your side is full of moss, your water falls out, theirs just flows
into the downpipe in the middle as normal.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Looks like you have no answer.

Then you need new glasses, BAD.

Done the way its done in the photo will just see your own property
damaged.

Never cleaned my gutters and they've never overflowed.

Plenty have had them overflow when they haven't cleaned them.

So how come mine don't? I've lived in this house for 15 years.

Not all houses work the same with moss and leaves etc, stupid.

Yes, some are magical....

If they do it doesn't damage the property, it just spills into the
garden.

Wrong, as always.

Just what do you think water is going to do?

It can get into the house, ****wit.

My house doesn't have holes in the brickwork.

The same water that's falling on the garden anyway?

Wrong, as always.

--
Football is a bunch of millionaires ruining a lawn -- Charlie Brooker

O/T: Joe The Plumber Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 40 October 20th 08 09:21 PM
Need a plumber zackefron Home Repair 3 September 23rd 08 06:25 PM
Can't get a plumber Pete Bull UK diy 4 July 23rd 07 09:50 PM
I thought only lie nielsen bidders were the stupidest... johnny rotten Woodworking 7 November 19th 04 03:45 PM
Good Plumber or Bad Plumber? Robert Fenster Home Repair 14 June 2nd 04 06:01 AM