Posted to uk.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

"Another John" wrote in message
]...

Further, these new street lights are going to have to stay working
flawlessly for a bloody long time, to justify the (I imagine) horrifying
expense that is going into installing them.

Installation costs? Dunno what they paid for the head units but I have just
checked my CCTV for the labour costs.

Here is a comprehensive review of how long it takes to do the job.

Van cherry picker and two blokes arrived at 8:50:15.
Work started at 8:50:26
8:52:18 the cherry picker rises
8:58:30 the cherry picker is back down on the floor and the old head has
been removed and the new one has been fitted.
8:59:05 blonde bird walks past
8:59:35 cherry picker ****s of leaving electrician still working on
electrics in lighting column. No idea what he is doing as by this time I
could have hooked up a fly lead from the post to a caravan and tested the
supply.
9:03:30 Cherry picker returns
9:08:40 Cherry picker ****s off with electrician

Job done