Posted to uk.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Alex Heney Alex Heney is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 23:40:18 -0000, "Tough Guy no. 1265"
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 22:21:38 -0000, Alex Heney wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:33:20 -0000, "Tough Guy no. 1265"
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:24:25 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On 28/02/15 17:52, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:09:21 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On 27/02/15 16:16, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

3cm pothole going to cause a
problem?

hahha

6" deep by 1' by 2' more like...

I have two broken car springs to prove it...

Next time put your specs on before you go driving, before you don't
notice the pedestrian in front of you. How the **** can you miss a hole
that big?

Because, Prof Hawkins, it's a black hole on a black road in the dark -
and in the rain you have no chance as they all look like puddles.

It's not dark with your lights on.

One day, you really must learn to drive.

Then you will *maybe* stop making such ludicrous statements on the
subject.

On the other hand, you are probably well aware of these things and are
just trolling.

Lights make it light. This is basic Physics. About 5 years ago, I regarded you as one of the more sensible people on newsgroups, but you're definitely going senile recently.

If you understood basic physics, you would know that statement is just
rubbish.

Lights make it a BIT less dark.

Car headlights do not illuminate the road surface ahead of you to
anything *like* the extent that normal daylight does.

If you have your lights on, it is still dark.

And even in the small area illuminated by those lights, it is still an
order of magnitude darker than it would be in daylight.

Which makes it much harder to distinguish between shallow puddles and
deep holes filled with water.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
URA Redneck if you've ever rolled your riding lawn mower