Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

On Sun, 01 Mar 2015 01:11:11 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:58:06 -0000, charles
wrote:

In article , Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:00:02 -0000, charles
wrote:

In article , Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:13:35 -0000, charles
wrote:

In article , Tim Watts
wrote:
On 27/02/15 16:16, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

3cm pothole going to cause a problem?

hahha

6" deep by 1' by 2' more like...

I have two broken car springs to prove it...

The trouble with 3cm potholes is that they rapidly become 6cm ones
and 6cm ones become 12cm ones. Then they really are nasty.

There is no proof that they grow in this way.

no proof, I just watch it happen, especially when there's heavy rain
or
frost.

You must live on another planet, because I've never seen that happen.
I've seen plenty roads with small potholes that just stay that way for a
decade. In fact there's one on the main road in my town that's been
there for the 15 years I've lived here.

same planet, different highway authority.

Mine loves to throw away money. They're giving all the council houses new
bathrooms at the moment. Why?

Maybe the stench from all those dregs who never
use the bathroom is killing people in droves.

But it's only killing the tenants, maybe they're losing rent? Oh hang on they're all on benefits.

--
A high IQ is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.