Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:16:00 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:59:36 -0000, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 14:02:35 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:57:26 -0000, whisky-dave

wrote:

On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 17:52:48 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:
On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:37:16 -0000, whisky-dave
wrote:

What I've noticed is teh digging up and replacement of paveing
slabs at bus stops. it was all done last year and the year before
that. I'm betting teh council have a bit of money left over and
need to spend it ASAP or they'll loose it, so they just spend it.

Doing that should be enough reason to sack someone. Budgets should
carry over.

But they don't, that's the facts getting in the way again.

A budget is not a law of Physics,

But the law of physica is easier to chnage than the authorities doing
something logical and sensible ;-)

there's no reason it cannot be changed.

There's loads it's called govenrment.

Any private company would carry it over. What's wrong with government
depts?

they put the most incompedent in charge and those that can do the job
do
the work rather than the admin.

I've noticed. Why on earth do competant people never get put in charge?

Why would any competent person ever want to 'work' in a govt dept ?

It's easier.

You've clearly never had anything to with 'working' in one.

There's no pressure to make a profit.

But impossible to get anything done.

Surely you get promoted when you're good at something?

Govt depts don't work like that, stupid.

Reason?

That's the way they are.