Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Wind Turbines - Ed Davey opens England?s largest onshore wind farm ...next to a mothballed gas fired power station

In message , Davey
writes
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:19:03 +0000
Tim Lamb wrote:

In message ,
writes
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:42:44 +0000, Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my
surname here.me.uk wrote:

They were feathered - now they just need tatarring.

Ta-ta, as in 'Goodbye'? Yep, agreed.

Thinking about it as well, if they were tar-black as opposed to
white, they might not be such a blot on the landscape...

Black is used for RAF training aircraft as it shows up well against
the sky. Perhaps they could be painted sky blue instead, or maybe
grey would blend in better with the average British sky.

Pink was used for a while in WW2

During my apprenticeship, I discovered that the pastel green used for
most of the control gear was specified as *Aircraft grey green*.

Is that an official Airfix/Humbrol paint colour? Tesco are offering the
Dam Busters Lancaster at discount at the moment, and you can use those
stupid coupons that never seem to be of any use.

Pass:-)

This was 1960 or thereabouts!

--
Tim Lamb