Posted to uk.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:34:16 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:04:37 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On 27/02/15 15:43, tg wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news Why are councils re-laying all the cables and replacing all the
streetlamp
poles for no ****ing reason? All they needed to do was to change the
lamp
on the top. What a waste of millions of pounds of council taxes. The
cables worked fine. The poles were in perfect condition.

it's common for councils to deliberately waste money like this, because if
the government sees them having money left over at the end of a year they
will cut back on their subsidising. Thus the councils have to make out they
need every penny.
Councils use a variety of tricks to waste money, one being road humps.

Pity they don't "waste" it on a bit of road resurfacing...

I wish they'd road resurface LESS. It's a total waste of money. Cars do not
require a completely smooth surface. If we're expected to drive over 10cm
high speedbumps, then how is a 3cm pothole going to cause a problem?

Because you generally get notice of a speed bump and can slow down or
adjust how you go over it. Potholes are often not visible due to being
in a puddle or whatever. That's when damage gets done.

Maybe you should look where you're going. I've never had one single problem with a pothole. Even if I was to ignore it and drive straight over it, it's smaller than a speedbump by a factor of 3.

3cm potholes? Luxury - round here we can only *dream* of 3cm.

£100 a month council tax? What useful things do I get from this?
Bin collection, that's it.

If you bothered to look into it instead of bleating like a lazy ****
you'd find you get quite a bit more.

List me 5 useful things my council does for me that warrants paying them three times as much a month as you would pay Sky TV.

Whether the other things are what
voters think they should get is another matter, but since 70% of voters
are serially lazy ****s and don't vote in local elections, it's clear
that most people don't give a monkey's.

Voting for one of 5 people who have similar policies is not voting.

--
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - US Marines