Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:30:05 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 27 February 2015 16:18:47 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:59:36 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 14:02:35 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:57:26 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 17:52:48 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:37:16 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

What I've noticed is teh digging up and replacement of paveing slabs at bus stops. it was all done last year and the year before that. I'm betting teh council have a bit of money left over and need to spend it ASAP or they'll loose it, so they just spend it.

Doing that should be enough reason to sack someone. Budgets should carry over.

But they don't, that's the facts getting in the way again.

A budget is not a law of Physics,

But the law of physica is easier to chnage than the authorities doing something logical and sensible ;-)

there's no reason it cannot be changed.

There's loads it's called govenrment.

Any private company would carry it over. What's wrong with government depts?

they put the most incompedent in charge and those that can do the job do the work rather than the admin.

I've noticed. Why on earth do competant people never get put in charge?

Surely you get promoted when you're good at something?

and if your good at something why would they promote you to do something else because they'll have to find a replacement and if yuo're doing the jpob well why get rid of that person and replace them with someone that won;t be better.
Obviously it depends on the job.

Unfortunately I think you've hit the nail on the head.

--
A bloke walks into a Glasgow library and says to the prim librarian,
"Excuse me Miss, dey ye hae ony books on suicide?"