Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default lever type taps constant dripping.

Mick IOW wrote in
:

Hi all, all the taps were changed in my Housing Association flat from
the normal screw open type to lever type, which are easier to use.

But the tap I use most, the cold water one in the kitchen is
constantly dripping, they have fitted new tops to it several times
now.

Is this normal these days with water meters ?
Mick.

People are jumping to conclusions about it being a ceramic cartridge.
Pehaps we should ask for confimation. Some quarter turn taps have a coarse
thread and a conventional rubber washer. Some people use too much pressure
when turning them off and ruin the washer.