Posted to uk.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

On 25/02/2015 13:36, The Todal wrote:
On 25/2/15 13:34, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
Why are councils re-laying all the cables and replacing all the
streetlamp poles for no ****ing reason? All they needed to do was to
change the lamp on the top. What a waste of millions of pounds of
council taxes. The cables worked fine. The poles were in perfect
condition.

Is this happening just outside your window, or in your street, or
throughout the entire nation? Do try to be more specific.

You can of course ask your council why they are replacing streetlamp
posts. Maybe the answer will be that they are in a dangerous condition
even though to a layman like you, they seem fine. Frost damage can cause
the concrete posts to shed large lumps upon unsuspecting bystanders.

OTOH, you may get the answer I did when I queried why my local Council
are replacing all the street lights in the County at a time of budgetary
restraint: 'they don't meet the specification'. A follow-up enquiry as
to what specification was ignored.

--
Colin Bignell